We eradicate bugs by using heat! Learn More.
How to Choose an Exterminator
There’s maybe nothing more frustrating than having to live with bed bugs. When you begin to notice bites along your arms or legs and when you think about where the bugs have been living — in your bed, in your clothes, in the carpet — it’s not at all a pleasant thought to say the least.
So the moment you start scratching at a bite, or if you see a bug on the corner of your bed, you want the best bed bug exterminators in your home, right away, with the best equipment, the most experience, and someone who can guarantee that the bed bugs will be completely exterminated.
But how do you begin narrowing down the dozens of bed bug exterminators that are in the Denver, Northern Colorado area? At Thermanator, our technicians want most of all for you and your family to feel safe and comfortable in your home. So even if you don’t choose us to exterminate the bed bugs in your home (we hope you do), we do want you to be satisfied with the end result.
As you’re searching for a bed bug exterminator, here are some things to keep in mind.
Experience is Important
Just like you wouldn’t want an inexperienced dentist putting a crown on your tooth, you wouldn’t want inexperienced bed bug exterminators in your home, either. The technicians at a potential company will be in your home, working to eliminate bed bugs, and you should know that the money you’re spending is going toward quality work that will produce the result you want and need.
Ask a potential company how many treatments they’ve completed. And not just the company as a whole, but the individual technicians as well. Ask them what types of structures they have worked in, because different spaces could require different equipment.
Are They Compassionate?
Having to deal with bed bugs in your home is a sensitive situation and should be handled with care and compassion. With bed bugs, little details matter. So if you feel like a potential company is going to rush through your home, only half listen to your concerns, and think that they can treat your home like every other, they probably don’t have your best interest in mind.
Is There a Warranty?
Having a warranty on the job (if the bed bugs come back the company will come back to retreat) can give you peace of mind, but when the job isn’t done correctly the first time, having a warranty may not really help. Even if the warranty is two years, when a couple bed bug eggs are left behind, they will come back and re-infest your home.
Types of Heaters
Like we said before, you want a bed bug exterminator who has the best equipment to get the job done right the first time, and in less time. There are several types of heaters, used for different spaces, a good company will have them all.
- Electric Heaters: These can be used in smaller spaces or single rooms that range between 200 and 300 square feet. If multiple heating units are used, they will need a generator to power enough heaters for your safety. Or they could use hardware to plug directly into the electrical panel.
- Direct Fired Propane: At 500,000 BTU, this type can treat up to 2,000 square feet and multiple units, home, business, apartment, or condos.
- Indirect Fired Diesel: This type can range between 300,000 and 500,000 BTU and can treat up to 2,000 square feet.
A potential company should have the experience to know which piece of equipment is right for your home or business. You, your family, and your home or business’ safety should be a high priority.
Some Other Considerations
- How long has the bed bug company been in business? This can give you a general idea of what sort of experience they have. Find out the age of the company by looking at the Colorado Secretary of State Business Search.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions! The more you know about their company, technicians, their equipment, and process, the more comfortable you will feel about hiring them.
- Do some of your own research: Learn some facts about how bed bugs live, breed, and feed. Learn the benefits of heat versus chemical. Learn how long it takes for a treatment to be effective. As you’re researching, write down some questions.
You shouldn’t have to put up with bed bugs in your home any longer. If you have any questions about our bed bug exterminators, get in touch with us today. We want you to feel at home in your home!